Monday, November 24, 2008

Loading up

We are heading out in the morning, so I figured I'd load you up on pictures to keep you until I get to post again.

Tighe and Olivia who gave me the sweet birthday treat of an evening dining and spa like experience.







Baby Lily (Tighe's daughter) and her brother Isaiah in the background. The kids are so excited about her and our upcoming baby.






Dominique practicing her big sister skills.








They just can't keep their hands off her- and who can blame them? Babies just demand cuddling by their pure cuteness.







Finger painting.



In case you couldn't tell.










Brian said that the kids are doctoring on the bear. They were giving it a shot with an oversized ball point pen. Moments earlier, they were trying to give shots to the dog and Brian, wisely suggested they use the bear instead. As cute as they are, I'm glad my doctor wears pants to my visits and doesn't cover me head to toe in wrappings for one little shot. This must be a real informal, (but thorough) doctor's clinic.
Dominique doing one of her favorite activities: coloring.










Cuddle time before sleep, pre-bunk bed days, which was only a couple of weekends ago, but seems like much longer.








Packing is nothing like it used to be when I was single. I even remember not taking anything for an over nighter at times. Now it seems we have half the house in bags. Oh, yeah, I just remembered I forgot to pack sippy cups. The kid's bags still have room anyways. I used to pack their stuff together in one small suitcase, but their clothes have grown along with them and now they need their own small suitcase each, but they have some room to spare.

To all you American's-- we hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving. To all you Canadians and any other nationalities who may read this blog, we hope you have a week full of things to be thankful for as well.

I am thankful that I have such an incredible family and friends. For the Lover of the universe giving me strength, direction and outpourings of love. For another day. For our fabulous, comfortable beds. For another little person on her way to grace our lives and fill it with more laughter and craziness and yet another bag to pack- so thankful ;)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Have a great trip!! Be safe! :)

GMS said...

We know you will enjoy family time. Don't let the big city spoil your family.
We'll be looking forward to hearing of your safe return home.

jenn with two n's said...

Lily looks so much like her big brother--too cute! Thanks for all the recent posts and pics. Love seeing my nephew and niece...Imogen loves looking at her cousins! Safe travels. So thankful for you.
Love you.

Jenni said...

They are getting so big! Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Ian said...

Happy US Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to the Christmas holidays though.

Anonymous said...

Dominique fingers look like Royal Doulton China doll
Love mom