Sunday, November 23, 2008

library time





I usually try to take the kids to the library once a week. We get new videos, and books (if they are due). Play wooden puzzles and go to the toddler time. There, the library facilitator reads stories, plays interactive songs and does nursery rhymes. It is a great time to get out and enjoy being with others. This time, we got to go on the same day my friend Tighe goes with her two children. You may remember Isaiah who we prayed for when he got menningitis. He now has a cochlear implant and hearing aid. The ear with the hearing aid continues to improve, astounding the doctors. Lily is his little sister. The kids love her and can't wait for our own baby. Tighe managed to get all four kids in her stroller. They thought that was so great!

Ivan is so sensitive at times and such a thinker. I read "Love you forever" by Robert Munch the other night- a story that tracks a mother and son's relationship as he grows from babyhood to adulthood. Ivan was asking why the grown son was moving out. I explained that he was now an adult and moved to his own house. Ivan said he didn't want to move. I assured him that one day, he will want his own home and family. He got very distressed by this, to the point of wiping tears from his eyes and so I promised him he could live with us forever! (Don't tell Brian- I'm sure he'll veto that one).

Ivan was also asking if we had to go up to go to Canada and asking how we can climb up there (he has a globe and figured out that Canada is up from us). He is also fascinated by the fact that some places are light when other's have it dark and has talked about that all day. I'm not sure where he learns all these things and when I ask, he says it's from me! So that is nice to know that I'm so smart ;)

We are looking forward to heading to Houston and seeing Nana and Papa for thanksgiving. Every day Dominique says: we are going to Nana's? and "she will hold me". Ivan is looking forward to getting up in the morning and going to find her to snuggle with. I'm looking forward to seeing them and getting out of town. This will be my last chance before the baby arrives. (A baby site informed me that I have 56 days left!!! That doesn't seem long). We also hope to go to the water wall (as I call it), where Brian proposed to me 10 years ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dominique, Nana is ready to hold her sweet girl. It has been so long since the last good hug. Ivan, get ready to snuggle! The snuggle machine is waiting.

Janet said...

I LOVE the story about Ivan never wanting to move out!! So sweet!

Ian said...

Tell him that Andrew will be over 30 before he moves out!

Olivia said...

How cute. He is such an amazing little boy. He has a great heart! I hope you have fun on your trip. See you soon.