Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sorry it's taking so long






OK, so I'm not back to my every other day or so posting habit yet. Last week was a little more harried than usual with just getting back, unpacking, washing, grocery shopping, then having full days with the foursome, Tues, Wed, Thurs. Nana came from Houston Fri., so we are hanging out with her this weekend.

Our favorite restaurant (which was closed for an extremely long time while they built their new facility) just reopened and had an hour waiting time last night, so we are going to retry tonight real early- at 5pm or so. We are looking forward to it.

The kids were better each day they had together. Ivan had a hard time sharing the first day, but was somewhat better by day two. Somehow the kids listen better when there are others around- like they are in class or something- which is actually somewhat true. I have to plan a ton of activities for each day and it seems that we've done about 15 of them before 10am. I try to do some planned and some free play, some outside, some arts and crafts, some physical activity... It seems to go over well. I also try to do some nap time for all of them which has been somewhat successful. Day 1 they all slept- a great respite for me. Day 2 and 3 the youngest woke up after 30 minutes still sleepy, but not wanting to sleep.

So how did the kids like Imogen? Dominique needed restraining arms to keep her from smothering the baby. If I had the baby, she cuddled up to me, but as soon as I passed Imogen off to someone else, Dominique went scurrying after them. She gave "baby" (as she calls her) tons of kisses, pats and loving gazes.









Ivan looked upon Imogen (whose name he can say without hesitation or difficulty) with loving adoration as would an older sibling or cousin. Can you see the pride, the excitement, that sparkle in his eyes saying he knows this is a very special little person?









Everyone else thought she was pretty special too and just plain gorgeous- here is a candid photo shoot. They went like this- "there's the baby!" -flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash. I don't think anyone had faster draws than ours in those old western shoot-outs.





The kids also reveled in the attention they got from the grandparents, auntie, uncle, Varnetta (a foster child in my parent's home) and great Aunt Marj and cousin Amber- who visited one day.

2 comments:

GMS said...

We just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having you back in the blog world. I'm not sure I could count all the times I would look just not to find a new post.
Glad you went and glad you're back.

The pictures and comments are great, as are your insights.

Lin said...

So close and yet I was so far away. I wish I could have made it down to give hugs and kisses to everyone! Keep the pictures coming Imogen looks so beautiful and your kids are growing so quickly!