Monday, January 14, 2008

more of Canada

My precious little brand new niece sleeping off some of her "habit".







Varnetta- we miss you! A friend who was staying at mom and dad's while we were there.










Mom on an overlook by the river (where we stayed about 20 secs. since it was very cold).











Here is how we would look if we had 3! What do you think?










Beautiful frost at mom and dad's.











Uncle John is so fun, ok and funny too ;)








We have a picture like this of me about the same age. Dad said I used to talk forever on the phone. When I asked who I was talking to- he said- no one.









Uncle Brian enjoying our short time with Imogen.











Look in those precious little eyes!








OK, so I have a way huge file of good shots from Canada that I'm trying to get posted- thus the onslaught of pics. This does demonstrate my knowledge that you really aren't reading this for my depths of wisdom and witty commentary- we all know you keep coming back for the pictures and videos. I have a bunch of those too.

So enjoy the view while it lasts. Then you'll be back to boring old Abilene pictures with their redeeming value of course being my growing and changing children.

Right now I am enjoying a welcome respite. It says that God will not give us more than what we can take and that is the case right now. The three year olds were spilling over with way too much energy this morning and I was trying to put the 9 month down for a nap- so I asked the other three to please color or read books quietly. Yeah right! I ended putting them in separate rooms- still trying to get Micah down (he wouldn't go). When I gave up and had them doing a craft the two older boys went to wash their hands and Ivan bit Caleb- who stayed upset for 30 minutes at which he came out and delightfully forgave Ivan and they played somewhat nicely the rest of the time outside. We made it to lunch, I got one down for a nap and when video time was over the other three went down. So right now I am enjoying the quiet and recharging for the afternoon.

3 comments:

Deana said...

what a beautiful family! that picture of your mom looks like Ivan to me!

GMS said...

We definitely read the commentary too. Sounds like you have a handful lately.
Just love all the pictures.

Ian said...

Thanks for sharing.