Friday, January 18, 2008

Only a few more posts to go

Ivan and Imogen.








Playing the wii.


















































grandma bliss











We didn't put them in these on purpose. The Wallaces spent the night and both girls went to get their night clothes on- when they came out, we discovered they were twinsies!








another hallmark moment









We are figuring out our new groove. I will have the extras Mondays through Wednesdays (except this Monday I have a day off). So Thursday I took the kids swimming. They hadn't been in over a month and I didn't realize that Dominique had forgotten how to swim. I let her get in and picked her up when I saw her sputtering. She clung to me for the next 15 minutes or so, then gradually started letting go. She finally kicked away from me with great delight at having refound her water balance. Ivan had more courage than ever and decided he could jump in the pool on his own (from a squatting stance with his knees hitting the water first). The last time he jumped in, he went in face first and decided that was enough adventure for the day.

Since we can not go to library time anymore on Wed., I thought I'd try the library time at Chick-fil-a. It's hosted by the restaurant and the library. It was nice to see some familiar faces, the bonus' being the play area, helium filled balloons, little prize basketballs and the visit from the cow. We'll have to try to make this part of our routine.

We're going to have some friends over for drinks and deserts to celebrate Brian's birthday (last Tues.), so I'm supposed to be cleaning house ;)

4 comments:

Lin said...

cool who got the Wii? Allie got one for her kids and I was over playing last week, sore for a few days after. But i did find that if you want to sit to play you can you just have to move your arms a little more (i know lazy me!) ;-) Great pics of Christmas talk to you soon!

Ian said...

I found that my arm got a little sore just from playing tennis. It must have helped some because I went back to my judo class after the long Christmas break and after an hour and a half of exercise I wasn't sore.
The picture of Ruth and Dominique is my favourite.

jenn with two n's said...

I thought I better pipe up. I got the Wii for John's birthday last year, January 23rd. Happy belated B! We don't have it out much but it sure is fun with a group of people.

The picture of Ruth and Imogen--I think is what Grandpa Ian wanted to say.

Ian said...

Of course it is Imogen, isn't that what I said?