Thursday, January 17, 2008

from the relics

I found this picture at mom and dads and had to make a copy of it. This is from one of my first homes- before grade school.










Ivan and Dominique are wearing scraps of material from the blanket mom taught me how to make for Imogen. The cool thing is that the material Ivan is wearing is some 20 years old. It was left over from a home-ec. class I took in high school. The scrap was only big enough for one side and we found the matching material (almost the exact same color and pattern reversed) at Christmas in a fabric store. I also had left over velvet felt that we used as piping around the edges. When finished moms said that Imogen will be very happy playing on blanket, curling up in it, spitting up and dirtying it. She's always good at bringing everything back to reality like that.

It's cold enough today here that it could snow, but I don't think it's humid enough for it. Even if it did snow we'd never have enough of it to do this:




I'm about to upload pics to a site where I can get them printed :) yeah! Dominique just loves to look at pictures. She's constantly dragging out the most recent album and naming off everyone she sees. It'll be fun to have more pictures of Canada and of Imogen!!

1 comment:

GMS said...

GREAT FUN sledding!

It does look very cold with all the layers of clothes involved.

I can remember my Mom telling stories of how she would bundle us up so much that if we fell over we couldn't get back up without help.