Sunday, January 27, 2008

1 second later


We got to go see Miss Mary last week, so that was fun. It was nice to do things from what used to be our usual routine. We will still get to go out there from time to time, so that is cool. The way we have it set up with the boys still gives me two weekdays for our activities- swimming, library time, groceries. Doing any of that on the weekend can be really nutty.


So, guess what happened one second after I took this picture? Ivan was just obeying me, trying to be a good boy when I said "look this way for a picture" and ZAM- someone took advantage of the situation to get herself a little slurp.








Gross eh? Our weekend went well. I ended up babysitting for a friend who is about to have her second. Her first is Dominique's age and is getting over being sick, so I begged Brian to keep ours so I could keep hers- even sick, I think I got the better end of the deal. I forgot how peaceful, calm and easy it is to just have one at a time! I didn't tell my friend that of course.

Well, I better figure out what all I'm doing tomorrow with the 4! At least it has warmed back up. I didn't take the kids out last week since it was cold and rainy. The older ones wouldn't have minded, but the youngest is not walking or crawling and would have been cold and miserable. I wish there was a park in walking distance.

Haven't asked a question in ages... What age were you in your first memory? Can you remember things from when you were 3 years old? I wonder if Ivan will have memories from this year and what they may be ;) Make 'em good- you'll only live this moment once.

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Believe it or not, but I have memories of my third birthday party! I have sketchy ones from before that too - I remember my pink bedroom, I remember visiting my grandparents in their old house and having to go use the outhouse.

Ian said...

I have a few memories of when I was about 4 years old. I slightly remember my grampa Peter Jelsing and I believe he died in 1951 or '52.