Tuesday, September 04, 2007

morning light and vacation


I could take hundreds of pictures in the gorgeous morning light. OK, I probably have taken hundreds of pictures in the gorgeous morning light. Sometimes a shot just comes out so clear, you feel like you could reach out and enter in or touch the person.



Talking about entering in, I've been absent for a bit, my apologies. I've been on a literary vacation with norwegian settlers discovering North Dakota and the virgin prairies of the early 1900s. A friend lent me some books that recreate the realm my grandmother may have lived in and it's been fun devouring them. I have a bad habit. It was an ok habit while single, but is not so good with family. I don't just read novels, I like to pick it up and not let go until I'm through. I'm the same way with movies- don't talk and good dark chocolate- don't disturb and a nice glass of wine- which is a little harder to do solo since I usually have one when with other people, nonetheless I like to savor it drop by drop, sip by sip. I developed this skill shortly after I discovered the power Jenn had over me as a kid when I inhaled my chocolate bar in seconds and she tormented me with her slowly enjoying each bite.



So instead of checking e-mail, blogging or checking facebook, I've been reading. I took a breather tonight. I just finished the 2nd book of the series.

I've also been keeping an extra child the last few days, so that adds to the treasures and business of the day. Alexis is Dominique's age, but doesn't walk yet, so worked on that some today. Ivan loves to take care of Alexis and push around Dominique. Both were jealous when I held Alexis' hand to walk- they all wanted to hold a hand, but I only had two. When Ivan tried holding Dominique's hand, he wanted to be the lead pack wolf careening us down the treacherous toy strewn pathways.



Are you a savorer or devourer of foods/drinks you like? When you read do you keep setting it down and picking it up or do you want to read it all at once?

5 comments:

GMS said...

devourer
and
setting downer.

How's that?
A short and sweet answer.

Love the early morning light also.
Especially in your children's eyes.

Deana said...

take it all in...i'm like you are with books. i have to wait until max is asleep to pick up a book to read.

armacleod said...

I love you devour everything in my path. I don't like to start a book series unless it is fully written. So I can devour the whole thing. But I like to savor too, maybe that's why I prefer 1000 page books so I can devour as fast as I can but still have something to savor during the challenge. Same with some types of chocolate. However I am slowing down a lot with the food and drink categories. I still eat fast, but not nearly as much or with quite the gusto of the past.

The photos are awesome.

Ian said...

Light is the key to any good picture.

ericaprosser said...

Angela- thanks for the comment & I love your blog and your beautiful family! I will be checking back here often! PS:When Brian's gig at Tuscany's?