Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Little vacation

I won't be posting for a few days, 'cause we are going to have a mini vacation! Actually we're going to house sit for our friends with the animals, sand and pool! We are looking forward to it. This may be our last real outing as a threesome and it will be great to have some different scenery. The Vann's reminds me of my parent's acreage, where I spent my teen years growing up. Wild animals are heard, bunnies creep out at night, the stars shine bright, the air smells clean, it's even cooler out there! Some of the goats are pregnant, but they shouldn't deliver in the next few days, if they do, it will definitely add to the excitement. One of my favorite moments out there was watching a goat deliver. We stayed well into the evening watching the amazing event and at one point, I looked back to say something to our host, only to find out that chickens, donkeys and goats were all lined up along with us watching. It was like they all knew too that this was an amazing event. I've laughed ever since at the memory and thought often that that's what it must have been like when the lover was born in a stable. The whole world was clueless apart from a handfull of people and animals marveling at the sight! And some say animals are dumb!

OK, maybe mine is. My dog ate half a dozen blueberry muffins tonight off the counter while we were out visiting with Big Buddy. I'm very angry with her and she gets to spend the night outside, off our carpet!!! The little scoundrel. I just can't keep baking around here! GRRRR.

Time for some R&R. Be back on the weekend.

Oh, and before you freak, I'll only be about 20 min. from the hospital if I beat the goats to the punch!!

2 comments:

GMS said...

I'm glad you added that one liner at the end.
I was starting to worry about the animals watching you deliver.

Lady J said...

So what you're sayin is if things get a little woolly and wild this w/e your next blog may be a birth announcement?! For possibly you and the goats?! Good luck and I'm still rootin for a July 1st delivery in honour of all us Canadians back home! Good luck and let us know ASAP!!!