Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Flying high

Grandma Ruth arrived safely yesterday and between the all day travel and playing with Ivan, she is all wore out. She's taking a nap as we speak. Ivan is already bouncing off the walls with excitement over her arrival and neither grandpa Ian, his new sister or others have arrived yet! I'm glad that all the grandparents are so good at sharing. I hope that includes names too. Ivan decided grandma Ruth is way too long of a name and is referring to her as "nana", as one of his other grandmothers goes by. I'm not sure what he'll call grandpa, but he can't say pops the old dust mop yet, so it should be something at least better than that!


We haven't taken pictures yet, figured we'll let everyone get a bit adjusted before we go snapping crazy again, but here's a picture of our adopted neighbor grandpa and Ivan. Big Buddy came over one day in his chair and gave Ivan rides, while he checked out our garden and new house projects. They were both giddy with joy to be riding around together. I think giddy with joy may be our term for the entire month. It's just hillarious how a grandchild causes these parents who used to be such respectable, calm people to sing crazy songs, kick a toy around for hours, make faces and silly games and behave like a little kid again in order to give total delight to our son. We all love it!

3 comments:

Ian said...

I'v just finished everything at work. Now all I have to do is get ready for some trip I have to take tommorrow.
Wonderful videos but can he say grandma and grandpa yet?

Lady J said...

Aren't grandparents awesome?! I've often said I wanna be the grandma and not the mommy anymore! Grandparents have it all figured out...they have all the fun while we are left with diapers, getting up in the night, the crying, the tantrums, the discipline and the list goes on, while they get to play, have fun then hand them over to us when the going gets tough! Unfortunately I tried to reverse the curse, but my mom says I gotta do it like everyone else and be the mom first!!!! Guess we're stuck now eh?! I can always hope Harrison has a Hurricane of his own someday!

Lady J said...

OK..no posts for a couple of days...does that mean you are spending some quality time with your parents while you await the royal arrival of the lil princess....or are you having the lil princess?!?!?! If she's going to make her debut on the day I picked since day one and make her Canadian family proud she only has hours left...does she know this?! Please pass that message along to her in case she didn't get that memo!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for July 1 and awaiting the news of the royal arrival in your kingdom!!!