Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Our actual birthday

The day of our birthday last week, I kept noticing the time and thinking back to that fateful day a year previous when we got to look into our son's face and hold his warm body and hear his sweet coos. It wasn't until then that I realized how weird it must have been for mom who was with us. Since my son and I share a birthday, and mom was there, she must have been thinking about where she was 31 years earlier, giving birth to me and now here I was giving birth to her grandson. OK, my head is spinning. So now the pressure's on, Ivan's first born could be born Oct.20th and we'd have 3 sets of parents in the same lineage remembering their fateful day in the hospital giving birth to their firstborn all on the same day!

In honor of this multi-generational reflecting, we'll travel through the ages together.

Ivan and mom celebrate their birthdays a year ago in 2004.

Fast forward a year to our birthday in 2005.

Cake was provided by Big Buddy (Ivan is Little Buddy).

Going back even further, here is Angela long before she became a mom practicing her verbal skills with the dial tone.

Before that was Ivan's daddy's debut which teens now think was back in antiquity (1971). I still think Ivan looks more like his daddy.

2 comments:

GMS said...

Great remembrances!!
Glad to see you tied it all together so well.
We'll see what the future may bring.
Maybe a little brother or sister.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see the difference in pictures. How big he is. (And how old you are. *lol*)

I should do something like this too.

Btw, you are welcome for the Birthday Card. Love to do it.