Sunday, October 30, 2005

Contest winner!

Ivan has taken his first step! Actually, it was more like a sprint. Ivan seems to have one speed... fast. He speed crawls, speed walks with assistance, speed eats and now speed walks on his own. Of course I was a half foot away, but Ivan figured if he had to cross the distance, he may as well do it quickly. He ran into my arms, so of course we tried to re-enact this ad nauseum and get it on video, to no avail. I mean he did it over and over, but by the time we got the lighting right, he was out of gas (well, he always has some, um... gas). Rather, he was out of energy.


So congratulations to GMS who had the closest guess, although Grandpa Ray says Ivan has been walking in secret since his last visit! A prize will be awarded, just as soon as I've figured out what it will be! I'd send you the used and dirty socks he was wearing when he took his first steps, you know like when they give you the homerun ball in baseball, but lucky for you he was barefoot.

1 comment:

GMS said...

I am just so very excited that I won something in Ivan's very special life. I enjoy reading all the posts to keep up.
You could just send me a set of his footprints, if you can find some non permanent paint. That would be fun.
But I know we would all love to see the video.
Can't wait to see who wins #3 and #4???