Monday, April 07, 2014

Life with a puppy


Polo is growing everyday.  Seriously, you can almost hear her body stretching and augmenting!  It's been a long time since we've had a puppy.  Welcome back to the world of potty training, chasing down shoes, boots and slippers, of chewed on table legs and toys, of chasing her off the couch and off the kids...  And let's not even talk about leash training which is my particular weakness.  I've been trying to read and they say to not let the dog pull on the leash and to move at a quick pace to stay ahead of the dog.  I've power walked.  I've jogged.  Today I took my bike out and held on to the dog on her leash.  I realized that I still wasn't staying ahead of the dog when she was whipping out ahead and we were flying down the street- while I wasn't even pedaling.  Maybe we better go back to training in the garage where there is less distractions.  sigh.  The bonus of this is a year or so of puppyhood and we wind up with a lovely dog ;)

She's already a ton of fun.  This day, in Feb. Ivan and I let the dogs drag us to the beach.

We climbed hills of snow on the frozen lake where they had made the race track for the winter festival.

It was so nice to get out and Polo LOVED the snow.  Saba had fun too, but was soon biting ice off her feet.

We stopped off at the ice castle too.

It's fun to look back and see the beauty of winter even as it slowly melts away with the slow arrival of spring.

No comments: