Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Snaps: vol. 21

I put Ivan in the crib with Dominique and he thought it was hillarious fun. Now he wants in all the time. If I ever sit her on a table, he wants to sit on it too.

When Brian or I give Dominique a couple of toys to keep her entertained, Ivan picks up on it and "helps" out by getting her a few more. Quite often we will turn around and all we'll see is a mound of toys.


The concrete won. Ivan did a face plant off the top step of our porch, on to the cement sidewalk. Now anytime he goes down the steps he reminds us that he fell there. It almost looked like a black eye. I once got a bruise between my eyebrows and it lasted for years. It was like those dots the indian women wear. Don't ask me how I got it, I don't remember, but it has to be about the hardest place to fall on without breaking a nose or something (which I didn't).


Gross eh? Saba is quite overjoyed that we brought another leaky faucet infant into the family. Ivan doesn't drool like he used to, but he does leave dinner remnants on his face and clothes that Saba greedily eats up. She just needed a little wet to wash it down- and voila- Dominique!



Ok, this one is better, slightly better. At least we can see her face.

We're headed out to Houston in the morning to spend Thanksgiving with chocolate pecan pie, I mean Nana and Pawpaw Terry. We are really looking forward to seeing them. With Gordon's quick departure, it just seems like we have to stay closer and see each other more. On a heavy note, we are a little anxious about leaving too. Big Buddy is in the hospital again. His legs have gotten bad again. This is his 3rd time this year. The doctor said there is treatment with IV antibiotics or amputation, which at 89years old with diabetes is not an option. What scares us though is that Big Buddy does not think he'll make it past one of the holidays (thanksgiving or xmas), both of which we'll be gone for. You can tell he's getting ready. Trying to give us stuff while he's here. Saying goodbyes in not so many words. We have to go and don't want him to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dominique doesn't look likes she hates Saba licking her. I think Saba just wants to make sure everyone looks their best.

Outch for Ivan. Hope the bruise will be gone soon. But, everyone hurts himself once and you can't do anything about it.

armacleod said...

Are you sure Saba is just licking and not preparing to eat a meal of nice tasty baby? The pictures are very cute Angela. I'm certain that there will be more bumps scrapes and scratches and owwies, so I hope mom (that's you Angela) will be able to cope.

jenn with two n's said...

Well I won't be licking Dominique's face but I am so looking forward to kissing her face! Thank you for continuing to show us pics of your beautiful kids (ok Saba and smacky too). We'll be thinking of Dear Mr. Griffin. I know Big Buddy is part of the family. Say hi to Barbara and Terry.
Love you

Anonymous said...

Thinking of big buddy too...you guys have a great Thanskgiving...and let us know if your journey to Canada brings you our way at all...you can stay with us! :D

Sarahmac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarahmac said...

Pretty cute kiddies you two have there. The name of the dot that Indian women where is called a bindi. When I was a young girl, spending my summers at the Caravan Farm, I discovered the bindi. Not because there was an Indian woman there, but because the hippie women liked to wear them. Haha.