Saturday, November 11, 2006

her laugh

It's a little hard to tell what noises are hers, but here Dominique was laughing at her brother who was swinging up toward her on his momma's leg. She laughs most at the dog, who really is pretty funny, then at her dad and Ivan. Somehow she doesn't find me as hillarious, maybe she's afraid to offend the food source.

And I hate to say it, but I'm treating her different from our first already. I remember with Ivan looking forward to each new clothes size and putting him in the bigger clothes pretty much right when they said to. With Dominique I still have her in her beautiful 0-3 month clothes, but I found out about someone who needs girl clothes soon. I was thinking she was just starting to grow out of them, but Brian told me it's time to move on, that some of them are too small. It was exciting to pull out all her gorgeous 3-6month clothes and wonder at how pretty she will be in them, but a part of me was sad that it's already time, that she's growing up and there's nothing I can do about it, but enjoy the ride.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet and happy...I loved at the end when everyone was laughing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your children with us Angela. Yes, they grow up very fast. Hard to believe that Janessa is 7 and Noah 5 and Sawyer is almost 6 months.
Love you all, Sharon

GMS said...

A sweet delicate little laugh!
Very lady like!

Ian said...

Aging creeps up on us all!

Lady J said...

I was the opposite (still am!) with Harrison (my first and only) in that I cried (still do!) every time he moves up a size in clothes! I've never wanted him to get bigger and still don't! I realized yesterday (much to my dismay!) that I now have to start shopping in the big kids section, as the baby section only goes up to size 3X and he's heading towards size 4....I'm too upset to shop! (I never thought I'd say that!)

Anonymous said...

Cute and cuddely, as they say.