Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Trying to get unsick


Brian took Ivan and Dominique to the doctor this morning. I am still running some fever and Emora seems to be on the mend, so we stayed out of the way. Ivan has croup and Dominique has an ear infection. We'd been debating taking them in, but when Dominique said her ear hurt last night, that sealed our thoughts on it. Ivan got 6 pills to take 2 times a day and promptly threw up the first one. He said it tasted bad. Meanwhile, Dominique thanked her dad that her medicine tasted good, told Ivan it tasted like bubblegum, told me that her head hurt and could she have some more medicine.

It's pretty crazy how different they are when sick. Ivan is miserable. He told me how sick he felt, so I took his temp and it was about 100. That gave me the idea that I should check Dominique too, even though she was acting fine and hers was higher than his! We knew that about them already, but it still throws me for a loop.

Brian ruined my surprise by posting these on FB already. I was going to post them as we sent them off Sunday to Nana's and Papa's. Nana is a carrier for the US mail and Papa delivers for UPS, so when our neighbor pulled out these and other costumes, I knew we'd have to do a photo shoot. They enjoyed practicing delivering, but Ivan informed me that he still wants to be a construction worker when he grows up and "do you have to go to school for that? no? ok good".

He doesn't like homeschool too much, especially the reading and writing parts of it. He is a genius in math though. It's fun to see him catching on to it so easily.

3 comments:

Ian said...

Get better soon everyone!

nana said...

Nana and Papa are glad to see their replacements are in training so we can retire!

Anonymous said...

The kids look pretty cute.By now they should be delivering their own selves at the door.Sorry Ivan but you still have to read and write to empty even the garbage can,so there is no way to avoid school.mom