Thursday, February 04, 2010

ADD son





I am looking forward to the day I get to sleep through the night again, or should I say the night I get to sleep through the night. You never know who it will be these days with all of them sick, but mostly it has been Emora. I think she got used to nightly fusses, and thought to put it on her new program. I can't complain because she is our best sleeper ever, she started and consistently slept through the night from 4 months on when I started supplementing nursing with food.

Ivan is still hating his medicine and has only managed to swallow 2 of the 4 pills so far. He only had 6 to take, so I'm hoping what does hit his system will be enough. He is getting some of it though that's for sure. It said that the oral steroid could make him agitated, less likely to sleep, nervous... Well all day he has been talking a mile a minute and jumping around, having trouble focussing. I have a whole new appreciation for parents with children who have ADD. He's nuts, but I know that I'll get my calmer son back eventually.

These pics were from the days before the rains hit and turned our backyard into a swamp when we were all healthy. I am hoping to enjoy more relaxing days with the kids gone next week. Even if I'm packing boxes, it will be quieter.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Nana said...

It's sun shiny today, but I don't know about next week.