Saturday, February 06, 2010

packing them up






It's very strange to pack the kids for a trip without me. I know they will have a blast and am looking forward to my own preschooler free holiday (I'll still have Emora), nonetheless, it is so weird to know they will be away from me for a week. They are such a huge part of my life, pretty much every waking and not awake moment, that when they are not under my immediate care, I get to rediscover who I am and Brian and I get to know each other minus all the conversation that revolves around the trio.

They have been so excited to pack today and helped me fill a suitcase. Who knew such little kids have so many accessories. I think we have them covered. And they got rid of their fevers just in time. Ivan's broke yesterday and Dominique's today around noon. I've heard they need 24 hours fever free to not be contagious, so by the time we do the trade off tomorrow, they should be well enough. We are both driving half way and trading the kids. THANK YOU in advance to Nana and Papa.

My job this week is to start packing for our move. I am not sure what all I will find to pack during the week, but I'm sure we'll be able to fill a few boxes of things we don't use. I'd like to think that if it's something we don't regularly use, we don't need to be taking it or keeping it either. But I've figured I can pack up our books and we can use library ones, plus albums and maybe some games and cds... We'll see. I can't pack summer clothes because we will need that here before we leave and I don't want to do the garage sale yet, because we still have 4 months to use stuff. But I'll still have Emora all day and she is our little cling on, so we will go on library dates and I'll get to see some friends without my full entourage too, which will be a little slice of heaven.

Pics are from Emora's birthday. Time to upload the ones off the camera. My pictoral arsenal has been depleted here.

3 comments:

GMS said...

So excited for you and glad to hear that both Ivan and Dominique are better to make this week possible. By the way, what is halfway?

Ian said...

I'm glad that they got better before they had to travel.

jenn with two n's said...

Glad they got better and just in time! I get a kick out of seeing Lily here with Ivan. Isaiah and Lily could fit right into our family. I can see how Tighe can be a sister to you!