Thursday, February 11, 2010

It snowed!


I can tell I'm getting older since I don't have the least bit of desire to play in our fresh snow. I do think it's very beautiful and lovely, especially since it is not bitterly cold or even windy. The kids will probably not get to see it since it is already melting. That's twice this winter when they were in South Texas during the Abilene snow storm!

Emora is hating baths now. She was not very fond of them before, but the other day, she fell in the tub head first because she couldn't stand the fact that I was away from her for the 10 min. it takes me to shower and was trying to get to where I was. She has a big bruise on her head from it and apparently very strong feelings against the tub now.

Brian was half way to work when his boss called to say they would take the day off, so he joined me in packing today. That helped a lot. We are doing weird packing right now. We are only packing half way. Half the toys, half the books, half the board games and computer stuff... But it's all about done. We are going to go through the shed hopefully some Sat. and try to figure out what goes or stays from that and that's about all we can do for now.

I talked to Ivan on the phone this morning. Dominique was too busy with something to say much, but Ivan gave us the low down from the last few days. Basically, they are having the time of their lives. They went shopping at the mall, went to the beach in Galveston, the Space Center and today they were headed to the children's museum. In between all that, they are playing the Wii until crazy hours at night, which was why they were all in bed when I called after 9am. Hum, I hope they keep sleeping late for a few days when they get back!


I was hoping we'd get rid of more stuff than we did. I'm the problem with that. But we do have all the stuff organized again, so that is very nice. I'm thinking when we are in Canada of only bringing out some things at a time and rotating it through, so that it will be new to them and so that we don't have so much out all the time. We'll see.

Brian and I are going to try to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy in the next few nights. It is just not possible when the kids are here to try to watch such long movies. We are too tired by the time they are in bed to even make the attempt.

2 comments:

Ian said...

The adventures continue....

Nana said...

Those are the softest and huggable nutcrackers I have ever seen. Want to play WI?