Monday, December 17, 2007

yeehaw!

I'm an auntie. I was going to wait for my sister to introduce her, but I see that dad already did. You can click on his blog to see the news,- I'm not going to get in trouble for blabbing first!

I will tell you that she's a girl and that my son guessed her birth weight. We went to the hospital Fri. morning early and spent the day visiting. Nothing started happening much until that evening, and then progression was sure, but slow. Sat. afternoon things started to pick up and by 6pm she was getting an epidural and her water was broken. About an hour later my niece was born.

I got to be there through it all. Brian stayed home with the kids for those 2 days and I got to be there the first moment of her life in the here and now. She is so gorgeous. I'll even admit that she is a prettier baby than my two. She has great coloring, beautiful features, perfect size, darling little voice, fabulous name... My two were like overstuffed uncooked pastries. I called them neon-white. But they got more and more beautiful with time and so has my niece.

My sister is healing well and of course very happy. They are still in the hospital. Baby is doing great, but may be in the hospital a while yet. She is currently in NICU, because she has to learn how to regulated her own blood sugars without being influenced by her mother's diabetes. It will take a little time for her to adjust- this is normal for babies of diabetics. Jenn is determined to breastfeed and has been able to start some, but it may take some work since baby has had to have medicine and formulae to ensure good blood sugar levels. We are all pretty beat, but in that zone of bliss, having lived through that miraculous moment and momentous occasion of welcoming a new precious being into our lives.

12 comments:

Kimberley said...

I was so happy to hear the news. Since Friday I've been frantically checking my e-mail and all of the MacLeod blogs waiting for the good news. Be sure to post photos soon!

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled for all of you and especially John and Jennifer
love to all, Sharon

Deana said...

Congratulations to you all!!

armacleod said...

I'm so happy for Jennifer. Thanks for all the info Ang.

pella said...

Yeehaw for sure! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news! Much love, congratulations and hugs to you guys!

GMS said...

GREAT to hear the news!
Anxious to hear from the new MOM's point of view, whenever she is ready.
Many prayers have been answered.

Davis Family said...

Yeah - nieces are great joy - all the fun no responsibility!!

Pamela said...

Congratulations Aunty Angela! It was good to hug you on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Good to her that she gets to feet her. We are all very glad over here in Germany.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I am so excited to meet her.
J'nea

Lin said...

I am so happy for Jenn and John! This is great news and I couldn't be happier for them! I hope I get to see you soon! Love you!

Ian said...

Grandma Ruth said in reference to Imogen's birth, "I've got my Christmas present!"