Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

The time is flying by. Of course a lot has happened since we got here. We visited with Andrew before he left for Germany,







welcomed my niece into the world,






had my aunt and cousin visit one day from Alberta





and are getting to know an African refugee that my parents are kind of foster parents for at the moment. She came to my parent's house the same day we did and is an energetic 10 year old who loves to play with the kids.




Speaking of playing, the kids have been working on a new igloo (quinzy) as seen here.




They found grandpa Ian's tractor, much to Ivan's delight, have been sledding,

playing darts, hide and seek and ping pong and are eating the relatives out of house and home. Dominique is seen here in one of her uncle Andrew's favorite hiding places as a kid. He would in no way, shape or form fit into it now, all six foot something of him, but it's the perfect spot for little children to get lost in a game or in their imaginations. I think mom has had this end table since before she was married.











Today it's Christmas and we opened gifts first at mom and dad's, then at Auntie Jenn's and uncle John's. Later, we are headed to John's parents for Christmas dinner. Most of the family is napping right now. Imogen Grace Wallace, my precious gorgeous, growing niece is seen here with the clock I made her. Jenn and I made each other an ornament of the exact same picture of Imogen without knowing it and she made the kids something I have often dreamed of making for them, but have never done yet- a personalized ABC book. She made one for each of them with their own pictures. Incredible.

Brian and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on the 19th by going to a really sucky restaurant. The redeeming part of the evening was being able to be together without two little needy youngsters. The other awesome part is that my brother got us a gift certificate to the very classy restaurant where we celebrated our anniversary last year. So we can make up for the crappy meal experience with a much nicer one.

Dominique totally loves the baby and is usually within a foot of her if they are in the same room. She loves to say "baby", kiss, pat and hug her.

We are so totally spoiled and loved. May your Christmas be as merry and filled with the knowledge that you are a key part in the lives of those who love you.

4 comments:

Nana said...

Wow, great pics! I know you're having a great time. Ivan has really adapted to playing in the snow. Dominique looks as though the jury is still out on the snowy weather.

armacleod said...

It looks like you are having much fun with the snow. We alas don't have any here in Germany, however we do have the cold for it. I don't mind. Less shoveling for me and trudging around in huge boots. I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas gift. I thought you would like it. Next time I'll have to let you know beforehand so you can open your gift early for the 19th. :D Anywho love you tons

Davis Family said...

I love how Dominique looks in her snow suit! So cute!!
Merry Christmas to you all, especially the wee girl Imogen. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I'm in a post Christmas-family-time. Andrea is upstairs working in the kitchen; The Koops family has just left; Ian janet and His majesty, the Rock star left last night; Bill has, of course, gone fishing.
So, I'm checking out a few blogs, and find myself compelled to say " Oh, my goodness, It's Laveena Anne!", when I saw the picture of Dominique with her cousin and Auntie. Does she pout, by any chance? (Dominique, I mean, I know about the other two!)
Lotsa love, and we are so thankful for all of you. God is so good. You do remember your Uncle Cecil saying (more than once Ha!)how proud your grandmothe Signe would have been of all of you.
And does everybody know that Imogen was born on bett's birthday/
Gotta go, Andrea has all my work done and we're a few minutes into the Two towers.
Love, mary