Sunday, December 09, 2007

Almost time to leave


We are getting ready to leave. Here is Dominique helping with the dishes. She still loves to clean and is getting better at it. She's also real good at making messes and doesn't like to pick up, unless everyone else is too.







I think Ivan is ready to get to winter (I mean Canada). He sat down on the cement sidewalk the other day and said: "let's sled home". I had to explain that he was missing two key components, namely snow and a sled.







My two little monkeys.













I had asked Ivan and Dominique to clean up their toys and this is what I found... 80% of their toys strewn all over the floor and both kids in the toy box playing with the remaining 20%.

Saba and Dominique stand about nose to nose and I was trying to get a shot with them, showing they are the same height. Then Ivan wanted in the picture and Saba moved...





This was my christmas gift from Brian. We exchanged our gifts early so as not to drag them half way across the world with us. Our friend is an artist. Isn't it incredible? I think she really captured their spirits. We also gave ourselves a bunch of black and white prints Brian had taken earlier in the year, so now we have a wall overflowing with pictures of our little family.

The house is as clean as it's going to get. We're doing laundry and tomorrow will pack our bags. Our first flight leaves at 5:40am from Abilene, so we're going to bathe the kids and put them to bed in their travel clothes. I can hardly believe we will be there in just a couple of days!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you guys!!! But Andrew isn't that far from coming to Germany, so I am much excited too.

Enjoy the trip!!!

GMS said...

We will be praying for your trip -
safety and peace = and especially, for Jenn.
Keep us posted as you are able.

Lin said...

I can't wait to see you! It looks like I am going to make it down for the holidays! Save a day for me and my girls to visit you and yours! Love Ya and can't wait!

Pamela said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Davis Family said...

Safe travels and God Bless you guys!