Thursday, April 15, 2010

Family funnies







Kids can be so hilarious. Emora hates the vacuum and it is making it hard for me to clean. I used to just hold her in my arms and vacuum at the same time, but she is getting too heavy for that, so now a parent needs to occupy her while the other vacuums. She still pasted herself to my lap anytime she heard it from across the house. She has the same violent reaction to other loud noises, like the motorcycles that go blaring down our street. Today, she was on the other side of the room from me when a motorcycle roared by and she was so funny. Her eyes got huge and she ran like a madwoman, then dove into my lap, clinging to me for dear life.

She also got me laughing when I noticed her later in the day, in her socks, with one of Ivan's flipflops, on the wrong foot, yet attached as she walked around playing.

Ivan cracked me up yesterday. His friend Caleb came to play and Ivan was very distraught at their parting. He took Caleb's shoes and threw them in the neighbor's yard so that he couldn't leave. I guess Caleb seconded the motion, because after he retrieved them, he threw them over our fence back in our yard. We did manage to unglue the two, but by the time Caleb was in a car leaving, Ivan was in a full blown fit with tears streaming down his face. I told him that we'll try to arrange another playdate before we leave and that maybe they'll come to our party. Ivan screaming and crying, says maybe they could have 2 playdates. When he heard me say, "um, maybe", he quickly says "no, WAAAAAAHHHH, can we have 3 playdates?", mistaking the sound of my laughter for approval, he amends the request again and says "I mean WAAAHH, can we have 5 playdates!"

But Dominique topped them all. Today she said: "I think somebody is stinky. I think it's me!"


Dominique hammers


Ivan and grandpa build

3 comments:

WunderMommy said...

It is so cute when the grandfather plays with children. Unfortunately our granny is too far from us.

be my guest at: http://infant-prodigy.blogspot.com

I'm mommy of two little boys (almost 4 year old and 2 months).
In my blog I share with my findings and ideas about little children learning.

armacleod said...

Those are some memorable moments I'd have to say. Oh if only life could be as simple as throwing sandals over the fence so one couldn't leave. Ah. Looking forward to having you in the neighbourhood again. Also thanks for the letter from the kids. I got it the other day from Mom & Dad.

Andrea said...

You have such a smart daughter. *lol* Nay, you have smart kids in general I would say.